“spring model” layouts similar to those of neato, but does this by reducing forces rather than working with energy.
fdp implements the Fruchterman-Reingold heuristic1 including a multigrid solver
that handles larger graphs and clustered undirected graphs.
Attributes for fdp features
- dim – Set the number of dimensions used for the layout. Valid on: Graphs.
- dimen – Set the number of dimensions used for rendering. Valid on: Graphs.
- inputscale – Scales the input positions to convert between length units. Valid on: Graphs.
- K – Spring constant used in virtual physical model. Valid on: Graphs, Clusters.
- len – Preferred edge length, in inches. Valid on: Edges.
- maxiter – Sets the number of iterations used. Valid on: Graphs.
- normalize – normalizes coordinates of final layout. Valid on: Graphs.
- overlap_scaling – Scale layout by factor, to reduce node overlap.. Valid on: Graphs.
- pin – Keeps the node at the node’s given input position. Valid on: Nodes.
- pos – Position of node, or spline control points. Valid on: Edges, Nodes.
- sep – Margin to leave around nodes when removing node overlap. Valid on: Graphs.
- start – Parameter used to determine the initial layout of nodes. Valid on: Graphs.